Digital sensor CH-S01 is a device that is used for measuring ambient temperature indoors and outdoors.
● Allows you to measure ambient temperature inside or outside the premises;
● Allows you to measure temperature in the range from -55 ° C to +90 ° C;
● Miniature dimensions - 6mm*7.4mm*9.3mm;
● Temperature measurement accuracy ± 0,5 ° C;
● Body is secured by IP-44 technology, which helps to protect construction from dust or water spray on live parts.
Dear user, CONNECTHOME COMPANY thanks you for choosing our products. Before installing digital sensor CH-S01, please read carefully the User Guide.
1. PRODUCT USE
CH-S01 - is a digital temperature sensor. It can be used to measure the ambient temperature indoors and outdoors.
Guarantee period is 3 years from the purchase date. Products that were transported, stored, installed and operated violating the requirements to this product, as well as those with mechanical damage, cannot be replaced under the guarantee.
Do not use the device in ways other than those specified in this manual. Manufacturer has no warrant responsibility for the non-compliance with the exploitation rules, alterations in the design or painting the device. After opening the package, be sure to check the device for damage. If there is a visible damage, do not connect or use the device.
3. ТЕХНИЧЕСКИЕ ХАРАКТЕРИСТИКИ
|Operating voltage supply *:||3,3 V|
|Variation range:||–55°C to +90°C|
|Measurement accuracy in the range from -10 °C to + 85 °C:||±0,5 °C|
|Measurement accuracy in the range from -55 °C to -10 ° C and from + 85 °C to + 100 °C:||±2 °C|
|Max wire length (in case of included wire extension):||50 m|
*Power is provided by ConnectHome device to which the sensor is connected.
4. SENSOR CONNECTION
Temperature sensor is connected to special S-Bus port, which is located on some of ConnectHome devices: CH-101, CH-201, CH-202, CH-104 (list of devices supporting ConnectHome S-Bus sensors can be extended).
In Z-Wave network sensor is displayed as structural unit (endpoint) of the module to which it is connected. Data is transferred to the main controller using Z-Wave radio commands.
If it is necessary to connect the sensor to module after module connection to Z-Wave network, you need to remove it first, and then after connection re-add the sensor.
To remove (exclude) module from Z-Wave network, put the controller into exclude mode (see instructions to controller) - and quickly press and release inclusion/exclusion button three times. Note that after device exclusion from Z-Wave network, all settings you have made will be reset to factory settings.
5. SENSOR PLACEMENT
When choosing a temperature sensor placement, you must take into account the purposes for which it will be used.
- To measure air temperature in the premises.
The sensor is mounted at a height of approximately 1.5 m above floor level and at least 0.5 meters from corner of the premises. Sensor should not be installed on the outside walls or other objects that may distort the temperature sensor data. It is necessary to avoid places where the sensor may be exposed to direct sunlight or draughts, as well as splashes of water and other liquids. It is necessary to avoid exposure of significant heat generation on the sensor.
You need to take into account the fact that during normal operation module generates minimal heat. Sensor placement near module (at a distance of less than 20 cm) can distort temperature data.
- For temperature measurement outdoors place the sensor where it can avoid direct exposure of moisture and sunlight.
- For temperature measurement of heat carrier in the heating system it is necessary to use special sleeves (Picture №1).
Picture 1 - Special sleeves for heat carrier temperature measurement.
- For temperature measurement of liquids or heat-insulated floor it is necessary to use temperature sensor in special body (CH-S01A) (Picture №2).